We are excited for you to join us in Austin for Amplify A|E|C, and we want to ensure that you have all the necessary information for a smooth and enjoyable experience. As the event draws near, here are some key details to help you prepare:
All of the details about Amplify A|E|C will be at your fingertips within our app. Registered attendees who have the SMPS app can build personalized event agendas, receive up-to-date-conference information and stay connected with other attendees while in Austin. If you haven’t already, download the app from the App Store or Google Play.
What's included in your conference registration?
- All Breakout Sessions and Mainstage Presentations
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks. If you have specific dietary requirements, please email email@example.com in advance so we can accommodate your needs.
- Thursday's lunch will be provided at the MCA luncheon and Friday's lunch will be a grab and go meal during the final MainStage presentation.
- Dinner is on your own. Here are some restaurant options in the area.
- MCA Awards Luncheon (please note this is the lunch option for Thursday)
- Solid Gold 50th Party on Thursday (drinks and light bites will be included)
- Conference Networking Events
- TechTools (pre-conference workshop on Adobe InDesign and Photoshop)*
- 50th Anniversary Gala*
*These events require a separate ticket. The 50th anniversary gala is sold out.
What to pack
The dress code for the entire conference is business casual, but feel free to make it your own. For Thursday’s Solid Gold 50th Party, gold-inspired or cocktail attire is recommended as a nod to the Society’s 50th anniversary. It is expected to be extremely hot in Austin during the conference, so please be sure to pack clothing that will be comfortable during your time outside and be sure to hydrate. If possible, please be sure to bring a reusable water bottle, or grab one in the SMPS store onsite.
Travel and accommodation
The JW Marriott is conveniently located in downtown Austin. Uber and Lyft are the best ways to get from the airport to the venue.
Parking: For those driving to the event, the JW Marriott provides valet parking for $59 per day and self-parking for $54 per day.
Everything Amplify A|E|C will be happening on our social media accounts just for this year's conference. Follow along on the accounts and the hashtag, #amplifyaec, for speaker announcements, event updates, and exclusive content before, during, and after.
Friday, August 11
7:30 AM- 2:00 PM
4th Floor Foyer Area
* Luggage will be secured and attended by JW Marriott Staff
We look forward to seeing you Amplify A|E|C and creating lasting memories together. Get ready for an inspiring and unforgettable experience!